i
***want
********endorphin
Friday, April 20, 2007
12:44 AM
School's cool. Been having dinner out every night, so far. I am beyond broke. I calculated that I need to spend about $176.20 (all that I've calculated so far) for books, CCA memberships, camp fees, my laptop cover and NPSU hopnite tickets. This doesn't even include "Marketing: An Introduction An Asian Perspective" (or something which I borrowed from Bruce. And $15 of the $176.20 is for "The Dynamics of Mass Communication", which i MAY be buying from Bruce's friend at half the normal price.
Monday: First day of school! Class started at ten. It was lecture day so all the 1.1 people were having lectures together. Lunch was at Pizza Hut with a few Hydras (had that on Friday after induction day with a few FMS FOC people too, photos another time), dinner was Canadian Pizza with Lancival.
Tuesday: Had Media in Society tutorial from 2-4pm. Chaihong (Rainbow) had bought this $50+ black-and-white laptop sleeve with a flower design. Later at home, however, he discovered to his horror that it looked gay on a guy. HAHA! So he was trying to convince Eunice and me to buy a laptop cover and exchange it with him (we hadn't bought ours then). We went to Suntec (this was Tuesday) to get Ben and Jerry's free ice cream (it was free cone day) but in the end we decided not to queue (so kiasu). We laid down our cold hard cash for our ice cream. [: Then we went to Epicentre@Suntec before dinner at Carl's Junior, then on to Funan the IT Mall. Sadly, all the stores were closed. At Chaihong's suggestion, we took a cab from Funan to Suntec to try to get the covers Eunice and Chaihong were eyeing. By this time though, the Suntec stores were closed AS WELL. ]: Singapore really needs to liven up. DON'T CLOSE THE STORES SO EARLY!!
Wednesday: Bought a $27 laptop sleeve for Rainbow and swopped with him. Value for money (principles of marketing communication! wahahaha). HEH. Had Creative and Applied Thinking Skills (CATS) and Sports and Wellness (SW) briefing, from 1-5pm, then French from 6-8pm.
Thursday: Was late for my 0900 class. Was supposed to meet Eunice and Jason at 0830 but at 0845 when I hadn't shown up, Eunice called me. OHMIGOSH. I rushed out, walked/ran to the Bishan MRT station taxi stand and FINALLY got a cab at 0905. However, my joy was short-lived because the cab driver didn't know where Ngee Ann was (apparently). I said go by PIE, he took me via CTE. I said NP, he took me to SP. I said next to SIM, he brought me next to..erm.. wherever it was, near ACJC. ARGH. Arrived at school at 0940, reached class about 0945. My cab fare was $18.50 and the driver charged me a total of $15. But i still think I was overcharged. The peak hour surcharge was $2.
Thank God, my lecturer was nice. He didn't mark me absent since it was the first week. Obviously, I'll have to be punctual for future lessons.
Lunch was supposed to be with Hydra people but in the end it was only me, Sahira, Ruiming (Hydra GLs), Timothy (Hydra), Ivan and Jiahao (year twos). The birthday boy, Jason, decided to go home. ]: We went to Holland Village and ate at Swensen's. I think my next few meals must be bread-and-butter, other than Lancelot lunch later on. /:
Oh. I signed up for seven CCAs on Tuesday. Haha! Ambassadors (but I have to see if I pass all three selection tests), ice-skating (trial later), sg new wave (support local films etc!), soccer (may not go often), adventure seekers (may not go often, maybe one trip in my whole three years. BBQ later but I think I'll go for ice-skating trial), Poly Stage Factor (for fun. I'll probably drop it) and song-composing club (didn't go for the interview and anyway I have French on Wednesdays so I can't go. I think I've dropped it already, haha).
Call me crazy, but I like to be active. [: Oh for Sports and Wellness I signed up for volleyball. I was hesitant about what to join but someone pulled me along. Gosh I've forgotten her name already. I'm so sorry, whoever you are! /:
Well, I have class at 0800 later. Location Video Production. I think it'll probably be the most fun module, especially since I love film. My sleep is long overdue! I should have gone to bed three hours ago. /: Good morning, people! Bonsoir! Au revoir! [:
<
>
-me*
TANya
seventeen years old and growing older day by day
stubborn
indecisive (very)
chocoholic
tortoise
sleep
eat
why endorphin *
chocolates contain endorphin
i want endorphin = i want chocolate
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com