Happy Chinese New Year Eve 2007!
Sorry for not updating, I've just been a PIG. Since this is the year of the pig. Meaning, I've been LAZY. Oops! Pigs are supposed to be rather intelligent. Heh. Think Animal Farm.
Anyway, let me do a quick update.
Tuesday: Went to Sentosa with Vanessa Soh, Jiaxin, Clarissa and Michelle. Surprise surprise! I was the only one on time, so I was the EARLIEST. Decided to go buy some of the stuff we needed for the day since the other people were not there yet. Was supposed to go to Harbourfront Centre but I ended up in Vivocity because I took the wrong turn out of the MRT station. Bought the stuff from Vivomart but then I got lost trying to find my way out! PAISEH.
Met Jiaxin, Vanessa and Clarissa at the Harbourfront market (forgot what it's called). I was really late, but that was thanks to my kindness in running that errand--ahem--and my lack of a sense of direction. HAHA.
We bought lunch (takeaway) and took the monorail from Vivocity (sheesh, back to that CONFUSING place again. haha) to Sentosa! Fun. Never took it before.

Vivocity! The view from the monorail.

Me and Clarissa, acting retarded as usual (wait, do we need to act? HAHA). In the monorail.

Sentosa under renovation. View from the monorail station at the Beach Stop (or something).
We took a tram all the way to Tanjong Beach. Before we decided to go to Siloso instead. -_-" So butt-breaking. /:

Sand!! Wowness.
We wanted to tan! But like Jiaxin said, the sky decided to pee today (or SOMETHING). Sad sad. Mr Sun kept playing hide and seek! One moment he's there and the next he's not. /: We ate our takeaways (have you ever seen people eat da-bao-ed beehoon, wanton mee and carrot cake on the beach? No? You should have seen us). Not forgetting my vday brownies and ferrero rochers! And Vanessa's vday marshmallows. [: Michelle came a bit later, from her OG chalet.

Clarissa, Vanessa and me. I hesitated a long while before uploading this picture. I like it but it may look a bit... wrong. Haha.
We sought shelter for a while under Sapphire Pavilion when it started pouring, then went to shower (so refreshing!) and took the monorail back to Vivocity.

Jiaxin, Clarissa and me. On the monorail.
Us, again. (Supposedly) three different reactions to the same thing: Delighted, awed(?) and Skeptical(?)--that's my signature constipated look (haha).

Michelle, Vanessa and... PAUL TWOHILL!!! (aka me) Haha. In the Vivocity washroom.

Michelle, Vanessa, me, Jiaxin, Clarissa. Same place as above.

Ditto. (There's not much difference. Lol. Just that some people look better in the first photo and some look better in the second. HAHA.)

Clarissa and her beloved Uncle Hyun! Outside Missha or something. I forgot.
We ate at Kopitiam. I had some unagi set. Yum! Clarissa was eating some Vietnamese tomyum noodles and I finished them up for her. Because, even though I don't take spicy food, they were too yummy to resist. Gosh I AM a PIG. X: Thank God for Jiaxin's... erm. Can't remember what that fruit is called, but it's really good at quenching your thirst. And snuffing out flames in your mouth. Haha.

Michelle, me and Clarissa. At Raffles Place MRT station I think, waiting for the train.
Wednesday: Went to Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Spoke to the people there. They practically GUARANTEED me a place in mass communications. They said if I'm not posted there, I can just tell them and they'll get me in. Because it is apparently NOT POSSIBLE that i don't get in with my aggregate, unless it's a technical error. Well. That's comforting. So I used a laptop there to apply for my course. The course code is N67. And, that's my only choice.
Caught a bus down to ACJC. Delivered my vday gummyworms! Also stayed for the concert. I thought the a capella group was one of the best. And that British teacher was good too!
After that I took the MRT to Orchard. Chatted to Weihong from my OG before I got off to transfer to the North-South Line at Raffles Place. Signed a contract at my recruitment agency in Ngee Ann City Tower A.
Then, I took the MRT to Toa Payoh.Went there to see... tada! Our LOVELY MASCOTS, Benedict and Brooks! The one regrettable thing that day was, I forgot to take a picture. Because I was too embarrassed about the fact that I actually KNEW them. HAHA.
Thursday: I worked as a surveyor from 11am-2pm for Hoyu, NUMBER ONE HAIR COLOUR IN JAPAN! Inviting people to register for their free hair colouring session. NO STRINGS ATTACHED. But I only managed six people, which turned out to be the best for that day by any one person. Well. Good for me I guess. Then I went to my mum's office, waited for her and read a book while listening to the radio. Then her friend treated us to an early dinner, at 5pm. We ate Thai food. YUM! Tomyam soup (hmm why is my spelling of tomyum/tomyam inconsistent?), pineapple rice, some fried tofu thing, some fishcake thing(?) and mango sticky rice! SCRUMPTIOUS. Thanks Aunty Joanna! [:
Then my mum and I took a bus but we got stuck in a jam. She was supposed to go for an appointment and I was going home but we both took more than 90 minutes to reach our destinations. /: SHEESH. I hate traffic jams.
Friday: Went to work again. This time my mum came to meet me, and she signed up for th free hair colouring! So did I. She also signed up for my sister and several friends, and I signed up for a few of my poly-going friends (sorry Mich, jx and Sasa! You guys are not applicable. Lol). But my commission is only counted for those who have their pictures taken at the studio itself that day. So not counting the OTHERS, I managed about nine I think. Better than the day before. [: My mum, a colleague and I took a bus after work to the recruitment agency and handed in out timesheets. Then my mum and I ate at Takashimaya Food Hall! That's the BEST place to eat. To me. Haha.
Then we jalan-ed a bit, went to Junction 8 and bought two basketfuls of groceries(!!) and lugged the many plastic bags home. Poor Mother Earth. We're not conserving many plastic bags. /:
YUP! I guess that's all for now. WOW I took a while. Heh. X:
(0349)